Young People’s Health
We welcome young people at Gas House Lane Surgery. We know that it is sometimes difficult for you to come to see us and we are trying to improve things for you. We offer a birthday health check for 16 year olds who are registered at our surgery.
ALL CONSULTATIONS ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND WE WILL NOT DISCUSS YOUR VISIT WITH ANYONE ELSE WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION. (There are very rare exceptions to this where someone else or you are at risk of serious harm and we will always try to discuss this with you first).
You can make an appointment in the following ways: –
- by asking at reception
- by telephoning 01670 513657 and asking for an appointment
- on line by registering with EMIS access (you need to be over 16 years of age to register – please ask at reception for details).
We will try to arrange appointments at a suitable time for you. You are welcome to come on your own, with a friend or with a relative. If you are worried about sitting in reception, please tell the receptionist and she can arrange for you to wait in a more private area.
Gas House Lane Surgery: –
- Is trying to be friendly for Young People
- We are inviting our patient who have just had their 16th birthday for a health check with the nurse.
- We have both male and female doctors to choose from.
- Contraceptive prescriptions are FREE.
- We offer Chlamydia screening to any young person, please ask to see one of our Practice Nurses.
- SORTED-A confidential substance misuse service(under 18”s) Tel: 01670 500150 TXT: 07788496793
- G.U.M. Clinic (Genito-Urinary Medicine Clinic-Newcastle General Hospital)- 0191 219 5013/5011
- Northumberland GUM services 01670 814873
- Childline 0800 11 11
Websites that you might find useful:-
- www.northumberlandcaretrust.nhs.uk/healthdev For Information on sexual health services and clinics in Northumberland
- www.brook.org.uk Information on contraception, STI”s and visiting the Brook Clinic.
- www.talktofrank.com National Drugs and information services
- www.gumnewcastle.nhs.uk Newcastle Gum Clinic
- www.achance2talk.com NSPCC site for young people
- www.youthhealthtalk.co.uk Health topics website for young people
- www.ruthinking.co.uk Sex and relationship for under 18’s.
- www.dontlosethemusic.com how to avoid losing your hearing from MP3 players, clubs and gigs.