We aim to treat our patients courteously at all times and expect our patients to treat our staff in a similarly respectful way. It would help us to run the surgery more effectively if you could please: –
- Always keep your appointment if you can. If you can’t attend for any reason please advise the practice as soon as possible should you have to cancel an appointment in order that others can be seen.
- Check in at the reception desk on your arrival.
- Ask for a longer appointment with the doctor if you feel that this is necessary. Hurried consultations are unsatisfactory.
- Allow 48 hours for all prescriptions to be issued, checked, signed and safely dispensed.
- Respect others and be courteous to the staff.
- Co-operate in your medical care by keeping to the agreed treatment strategy.
- Advise us of any change in your circumstances
- Only request a home visit when really necessary for medical reasons, giving sufficient information to staff so that doctors can visit patients in order of urgency.
- Observe no smoking policy.
- Learn from the doctors, nurses and pharmacists how to look after yourself and deal with minor illnesses in the future.
You have the right to
- Express a preference to receive services from a particular practitioner (please inform a member of our reception team). We will endeavour to comply with any reasonable preference.
- Receive a new patient heath check on registering with the practice.
- If you are between the age of 16 and 74 and have not attended a consultation/clinic appointment within the last 3 years, your can request a consultation at which the practice will make such inquiries/examinations as appear to be appropriate under the circumstances.
- If you are over 75 and have not attended for a consultation in the last 12 months you can request such a consultation. This can take place in the patient’s home if in the reasonable opinion of the practice it would be inappropriate for the patient to attend the practice premises.